Bloggercorps is simple. It's a blog.
No office. No admin. No fund-raising. No funds. No staff. No meetings.
It will evolve organically based on the needs of the people who wind up using it.
For starters, here's the plan:
- The authors (a wide-ranging group comprised mainly of bloggers, activists, and tech organizations who work with non-profits) will post announcements on behalf of organizations who need help starting blogs or building blogging communities.
- The posts will be categorized according to the organization's geographical location, and in some cases its main focus issue.
- Bloggers interested in helping that particular organization can express their interest in the comments section attached to that post.
- The organization will then decide which of the volunteers it wants to follow up with.
- All arrangements will be made directly between organizations and bloggers. Bloggercorps will not mediate.
- We are not raising money to put people on planes so in most cases the idea is to match organizations located in a particular place with bloggers living in the same place.
- If situations arise in which organizations cannot find volunteers living in their area, we may be able to point them to foundations or philanthropic organizations who might be in a position to help fund travel for blogger-volunteers. But we won't do your fundraising work for you.
- Bloggercorps is non-partisan.