After a year and a half of not getting sick, I've finally come down with a nasty flu. 12 years of living in Asia has put me off Western cold and flu medicine, so I'm taking some herbal Chinese stuff and making my usual Chinese chicken soup. Recipe:
- fill a pot full of water.
- chop up a big chunk of ginger and throw it in
- peel a head of garlic and throw most of it in
- cut up a big leek and throw it in
- throw in a bunch of chicken wings and/or a few chicken legs
- boil on low until the chicken starts to disintegrate
Somebody once told me about a home flu remedy of beer, pears, and ginger all boiled together, though I've never tried it. Would anybody else out there like to share their home remedies?